Skip to main content

The issue with priorities

Days have ups and downs, mine are just like any other person’s. However, nothing gets me more down than the hours running by me and feeling like I leave important things behind. Now, when you are a person that values highly about 10 things in life and very highly another 5, how do you go about sleeping, eating and all those human things that are meant to be in your day as well but do not always make it to the priority list. Have you ever tried to make a list of all the things you absolutely value and those that would make you very happy to accomplish every here and there? I am going to start doing mine and I will let you know how it ends up. Today I already took a nap, read my cases, emailed friends, booked an hotel for a Bachelorette weekend in Miami and I even ate and went to classes. On the list for the day, a panel, a dinner, recruiting, NGO emails, Craig’s list, rent a piano, and whatever shows up in the meantime… Good luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)