Skip to main content

Bad nights

So I just have not been sleeping well. Between mosquitoes, nightmares, a cold that is stubborn in staying and lack of water in the morning, there seems to be a conspiracy to make my head a mess when I go to work. To the point that I don’t feel like going and it takes me at least an hour to get in the rhythm of the thing. And it is not that it is that fast paced… Oh well.

Yesterday, me and Bernardo decided to stay home and enjoy the rest of the Crab Curry (peanut, not coconut) that Marisa prepared for us and realized it was probably even better than the day before. As I struggled to go through my to do list I realized (one more time) I did not know when to start and decided my work day was stopping at dinner time. At least it gave me a deadline and a higher willingness to get things done. But it did not help me that much.

If you wonder how much can you have to do in so little time… well, pictures to send to the tv program we are participating on and for a sort of fundraising event next Monday, get grades for the children published, figure out how the hell will I get a company to do the import of the container someone kindly offered to export full of food, get a first edition of the newsletter ready, decide on the projects for 2009 and off course, write the business plan within the next 3-4 weeks. Nice. After I wrote all this, I am in an even worse mood… Help! And now I want to do a new orphanage!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)