Skip to main content

Puno, Peru

We now reached the third and last country in our journey. We crossed the Bolivian border this afternoon amidst complications and surprises to find out that Mexicans need a visa for Peru. After all, we had not had visa problems in at least a week so something needed to add some spice to the trip. We are now in Puno, a little town by the Lake Titicaca and hope that Tevia can get it all sorted in La Paz on Monday. The visa should theoretically take 15 minutes (if that is what it takes to Saudi Teeba) so she should still make it to Cuzco and go to Machu Pichu with us. It is funny that not a day goes by without something. Teebs is lying next to me still in stomach pain and spent the day sick, perhaps food poisoning or whatever else poisoning. She finally had the rice we brought her and seems to be doing better given she is asking me where I learned to type this fast. :-)
Today is a short one, as I am trying to catch up with emails. But I already uploaded the pictures for Bolivia!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)