Skip to main content

Reading Princess

I am committed to writing more often, I think it will be good for me. 
So as the week ends, I chose not to open my Princess sequel, as I know it will get me hooked again for tne next 3 days. The first book was quite strong. I can't say I was surprised but the reality check is harsh. I wonder what T feels about it. I read in her letter to her young self how she convinced her Dad to study abroad and be the first female in the family to do so. Some things in the book may resonate with her. Others are maybe a distant reality... Or so I would hope!
I have been reading more. I missed devouring books like I used to do before sleep and ALG took over. It creates a sort of addition in me and I am not really free in my mind until I am over with it. The first ones I read after a long break were even worse, I used ever minute free with my kindle walking around the house to try and get a glimpse to the next paragraph. As the reading urge softens I am able to put the book down more often. It is an interesting addiction. There should in fact be a better word for addiction when this addiction is a positive one. Or I wonder if all addictions have a taste of negative in them...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)