Skip to main content

Where do you find the time?

B is surprised I started blogging and writing again, now, of all times.  I have barely got any sleep last week, I have been stressed (which happens very rarely), I have been worried about not finishing my project, I worked all the way through Easter (which happens most years), I have been exhausted and not able to cope. 
That is precisely why I started writing again.  Writing is a coping mechanism. Moreover, I have been using breaks when I by lunch or am in lifts to go through my twitter or read FB articles, and some of them get my brain thinking (like the multi tasking one).  Usually, I would write in those moments. And also, I have never been so single tasked as I have been in the last 2 to 3 weeks. One project is also not something my brain can cope with. And that includes barely doing any charity work, so really there was just one thing on my mind.  There is no way the hyperactive in me can deal with that for a long time. On Thursday at 3am when I went to bed, I had to resist the urge of writing down notes about how I wanted to lead the next phase of the project.  This morning I had to resist the urge of getting my notebook to write down all the notes on a business plan I had not thought of in years (uff, not new).  And now, it is almost 1am and I am blogging after I have just blogged (which probably means I wont post yet) rather than sleeping which is what my entire body is asking.  
The answer to the direct answer was - "in the tube". That is where I type away, as I have the app to allow me to do so. I still think that is the main reason why I have not yet wrote the book I have many times started. I need an app that works well to write a book. Until that day, that may be on hold. If not, then maybe I will write my first book while running working 12 hours a day, running a charity, raising a 2 year old daughter, finding a house to buy in Portugal, finding a place to move in London, advising on a legal tech start up and never stop thinking about all I want to do in life! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)