Skip to main content

Fears

I fear I won't make it, I fear no one will understand, I fear to be different, I fear not to fit in. Being here brings us together and brings us apart. In a way I fear no one will ever understand what I go through, in another I fear I will never be able to explain. I trust the little gesture I do will make me whole and at the same time each departure makes me incomplete. I try to spend the most and the least amount of time here and with each person and I always feel it is not enough. I do the same when I go back home and I always feel I don't meet people's expectations. It could be that I do, it could be that they just expect too much or it could be that I just don't do enough. The hours and days are barely enough to accomplish all I feel I could. But they still pass by and they never wait. I try to accept that I will never have it all and choose the little things that make me happy. But it is more talk than anything else as the things that make us happy are never that little and never that few.
I fear the days I walk the way and forget to appreciate the path, I fear to fail to see the lighthouse but also the diamonds on the way. It has been a while since I quoted the Monk who sold his ferrari but I guess it just came to mind.
It is time now, I run again, I miss you all and I miss it here already. Today I am in storm, tomorrow I will settle as I dive in the sea and find peace in my fears.

Comments

Unknown said…
First sentence is the story of my life... miss you!!! Way too much xx

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)