Skip to main content

Obama

I don't have a laptop but I have a notepad.  Some moments in life, nothing will keep me away from writing.  As I finally switch on the TV, eager to see Obama's inauguration speech, live celebrations are still going on and no one wants to interrupt them.  It is the start of the Neighborhood Ball and Obama does not miss out a chance of appealing to the spirit of the word neighbor.  Because "what pulls us together is greater than what drives us apart" and "together e can change America".  It is hard not to believe and you realize what the words translate to as you hear "At last" from the heart and voice of Beyonce.  The next song is truly reflective of the feeling "Sky is still the limit".  With Obama, America seems to feel a whole new world of opportunity has been created.  The limit of the sky seems to have shifted upwards.  At last, America has a true chance, nationally and internationally, to be what everyone wanted it to be. Sting, Stevie Wonder, Alicia Keys, Faith Hill, Maroon 5, Shakira and many other sing in one tone "Here I am, the sky is the limit, I'm Yours". (thanks Teeba for your cool laptop!)

Comments

Unknown said…
Anytime! Let me know when you need it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)