Skip to main content

Is this morning on a Saturday?

I have to admit, it has been a long long time since I was awake on a Saturday morning on my own free will (last week, with Patricia waking me up at 8am jet lagged does not really count, it was really not my own free will). And in a way it feels good. I mean, the sun is beautiful. The biggest reason for it to feel good is probably because I have not set my feet out of the door yet: I am claiming that I will study this weekend, and for that I have been out of bed for a couple of hours though it is still barely lunch time here. Well, I am reading about this Mountain Dew drink that is apparently super famous and I never heard about before, I read last night about the Iridium failure by Motorola and some finance case that I will have to negotiate on Monday. Things are fun fun overall but it is not exactly my cup of tea for a Saturday morning.

Soon I will start doing my recruiting activities; going through immense websites and try to figure out what is it that will make me get out of bed every morning next summer with the usual smile and the usual energy. I keep the best self in mind and try to remember that it needs to be about the people, the values, the challenge and the room to grow. And I wonder if this perfection exists and if it does, whether I will be able to find it. It is the charming prince story. All in all, is there a perfect job, like there is a perfect person? Or are there perfect jobs at different times? It is just like the old story of the Mr Right and Mr Right Now. I like to believe in the first one rather than the second but I am not sure the same applies to work. M&A was my Mr. Right Now for work and definitely not my Mr. Right. :-)


I am thinking whether I should go Christmas shopping instead… I mean, it is da** cold outside, and I spent more than I definitely had last weekend, but Christmas is just about there, the sun is shining and my Christmas three has no bags around it yet so I guess it could be a good option, no?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good to read you again, at last :)

bjs
The Local said…
Finnaly we can read about your life again...

You more than double the number of articles in you blog in just one weekend... I can see that after all you are learning something new in the MBA about management and research operations :P
If you write like that every single weekend and in every single class that you feel sleepy in 1.5years you will feel proud of your achievments in the MBA ;)

Beijinhos

Bruno (a.k.a Junior)

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)