Skip to main content

What a day!

Today I made up for yesterday’s sadness with the world. Me, Rosa, Teresa and João went to the Nursery of Chaquelane to visit the children one more time (for me) and the first time (for them). Not even the rain would stop us and, to the sound of Adéle, we were off before the sun was too strong (which never happened today) and had a smooth ride to Chaquelane. Now I know that there are 30km after the left turn in Macia, and next time I won’t be hitting the breaks and looking for a sign from km 15. Between singing, dancing, tea and early morning salad, I was happy to see they had a good time.


The truth is I always wonder and I always fear people may just find me ridiculous for loving this so much… But they did not. Moreover, we left with our hearts full of plans. In the way to Xai-Xai they already got themselves “invited” to come along when Bernardo (finally) comes and sees this little thing that rocks my world. But they are not coming empty handed! They promised to bring along buckets of paint and take care of the (now) funny looking chairs the children built and the empty looking walls. They are soon to find out why this was my worse subject in school…

We still went to Xai-Xai and were greeted at the Escolinha with a super nice (and unexpected) lunch. Teresa got to choose her bed and met her new home for the next month. I truly hope she loves it just as much as I did 4 years ago, especially tomorrow morning as she wakes up at the sound of the national anthem! I must say that this was one of the easiest drives as Joao brought us back amidst fires on the sides of the road and a beautiful sunset.
And now it is official, I just started the final countdown D – 10, Bernardo is almost here!


Comments

Ana Rita said…
sem palavras... mesmo. já estou completamente fã. vou ler um pouquito mais sobre este GIGANTE pequeno gesto e volto a comentar por estas bandas!
*

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)