Skip to main content

A week to remember

This was a week to remember. It was my first holiday on my own with C. On my own is obviously an over-statement as I never really accomplish that state (nor would I want to). But it was the most I spent with myself or doing things for myself rather than for others. Even though I had a full schedule I focused. True, there were other things I would have liked to do, many people I would have liked to see. But all in all I did a few good things and I focus on this nice and unusual feeling of satisfaction. Being on my own forced me to decide what I wanted to do and blame only me if I did not do it. And that seriously improves the usual negative feeling of flying time.
S continues to wait for me to change my skype 'status'. It is interesting how the few years we spent in London together make it so easy for her to know what's going on without explanation. My status says 'Sara is always fighting time'. What an irony. Truth be said I wrote that years ago and never really use skype anymore. But still I don't feel like I will yet change it. Still holds truth though I am focused on reducing the importance of the word fight. 
As I read through Dan's Summer update, I know it is not just me. He says he has made progress fighting his inner critic. And that he argues with the negativity of his inner self to be more confident about his choices. I would not have put it better. i may wonder about the choices I did this week, but I thought them through and all of them have a reason to be. I just have to remember that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)