Skip to main content

Barcelona

It has been a while since I wrote on this blog as a real blog, i.e., not from the tiny iphone! The good thing about using the laptop to do it is I can upload pictures but not sure I can think of any right now!
I am in Barcelona today, for another 24 hours. It barely feels like I am in Barcelona though, I guess because last time I was here was perhaps 15 years ago and I do not remember much of it. Also because I do not know many people here, or I was late in telling them I would be here and then it does not feel like I am in someone else's "home". In the end, I am just somewhere having some meetings and coming back at some point.
And then again, it is Barcelona, the Barcelona everyone talks about. The city is full for a convention this week and even the hotels for me and Laura had to be far apart. Restaurants are full and we were lucky to get some nice tapas at Muncho's last night. But maybe we will make a reservation in El Solo tonight, or maybe we will take a stroll in Rambla Catalunya before heading to the ariport tomorrow!
So no picture to tell unfortunately, but perhaps one tomorrow!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)