Skip to main content

Indeed a New Year

Teebs misses my blogging and to be honest so do I. Most of all I miss having the time (or more the will) to write it, the sense of release after it is all out of my head, the sense of surprise when someone calls me on what they read. I miss that amongst so many other things, I miss sitting on the sofa with a case to read without turning a page for endless hours because Teebs has too many stories that I cant miss, because House is on TV or just because I give away to my power nap desire.
New year is meant to bring new things but this has clearly not changed. I still have not find time for myself. Not even new year resolutions or at least thoughts. Time flies and I wish I did not feel it as much. Maybe I will shift new year to the first of february this year and this time have some champagne. That should do the trick?

Comments

Unknown said…
Haha, too many stories?? They were interesting at least.. admit it ;p
Miss those days more.. miss the coffee, the tea, the wine, the cod pie, the piano (still need to buy one), the laughter, the tears..
It's never too late to make a resolution or to think of one... take your time, make it something worth it xx

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)