Skip to main content

One last time at the outlet

There are 10 days left till classes are over and I take a last flight to Lisbon from Boston so posts should start being one last time a lot.
Yesterday, me Pato and Tevia took one last trip to the outlet. But we super-behaved. We only bought what we wanted and expected to buy. Our first shop was even Brooks Brothers Women where I spent most my budget trying to follow the recommendation in the book that I am reading that you should create your own style but also dress as you want to be paid next year. I decided to make an investment and analyse the NPV in a year. I also ended up copying B. in the Samsonite set he bought last year (though I got a extra discount, haha) and decided to buy myself incentives to keep on going to the gym, now that my trainer says that he can really tell the difference after only 4 sessions. Overall we did some really good shopping and stayed there for 7 hours! Off course Tevia passed out the first quiet minutes in the car and I failed to find a McDonalds until getting home...
We had a good last time shopping for bargains in the Premium Outlets in Wrentham! And a good long lasting chat about all the different things!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)