Skip to main content

T-W-O Weeks

Oh no, it has been more than 2 weeks! T-W-O weeks! Where is my new year resolution of writing at least once a week? And to replying to emails within aweek of arrival rather than a month? So maybe I am not keeping up with all my new year resolutions but at least I keep up with some. I don't do job search anymore (not that there is much to look for anyway), I do a lot of NGO CEO work rather than all-in-one person work, I got myself a PT and went to the gym more than once (and more than zero) this week (and the week is not over yet), I re-started my german lessons and I am even playing more the piano. So I do have good reasons for blogging less! But I will still try to be better!
The thing that really cheered me up and was not on my new year resolutions was the TAN I got in Turks and Caicos. It could have been the ugliest island (which it was not) but the tan in my face would make up for any cheating taxi drivers charging "government regulated" rates
Oh, and off course, the fact that B spent a week back "home" in Boston, it was like going back in time as if London never happened!
Back to script back to script, it's 11.30 I have a newsletter to finish!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)