Skip to main content

Learning Team

My Learning Team finally came for dinner. It took a full semester of postponements and indeed still 2 people dropped last minute for today, but we decided to still go ahead. I prepared Aman and Finny with portuguese specialty codfish with cream, potuguese wine and port, oreo ice cream and sausage roles as starters. I think they liked it. I was happy they could make it as I never get to see them anymore. It is amazing how you spend almost an hour together every morning for an entire year and then people just disconnect. And it sees like it was yesterday that I saw them. I am happy their life is settled and I am happy I could share it with them. I am though finishing the bottle for them, since Finny was on antibiotic and me and Aman had to take care of the Alabastro, but I am sure they will not mind. Dishes are done (surprisingly) and I have 10 things I could do but I guess I will just chill and wait for the weekend to arrive...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)