Skip to main content

Shall I write one more?

As I wrote my first come back to my blog after a long time whilst I was trying not to fall asleep in class (which happens a lot), I realized how much I missed writing. My “desk mate” looked at me inquiringly and asked what was it that I was writing, and I just ended up replying “you know what, I really love writing”. Well, readers of this post could truly say: ”oh really, I can’t tell!”. As I got home, prepared not to leave my thoughts half way through this time (as I did the last two times I wrote something that I never published) I got an email complaint. Bruno really is having too much time off as an analyst in banking and likes to get entertained with my brain leakages but went to my blog to find out that I had not been there for a while. And he attacked me bluntly.
First, he went on as how I should not ever have started a blog if I was not a geek, because the ability to keep it going required me to be a geek and as such I was not up to the task. But he just did not leave it there did he? He is learning his ways and his second attack was clearly the one that made me call him names (through the screen) and laugh at how right he was. He claims “you are not one to leave behind something you have started right?”. Ok, with that one I just told him he should have a look this weekend because I promised to do something about it. These bankers can always find their way can’t they? As such, I decided to give him credit for my come back and thank him to make me keep going. I might even learn in time what exactly to write on it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)