Skip to main content

Fitness?

I am into Pilates now. Not that I am into it as in I like it. I am just into it as in I go to classes. Not sure how long they will last for, I am guessing at least 6 as those are as many as I bought the series for and money is not to be wasted. I go, and somehow I know it is doing some good for me but there is no other way to describe it as being medical. I do not take any enjoyment or fun out of it, I do not go with friends, I do not even speak to anyone in class. Unless of course one of trainers comes and tries to take me out of my misery by reducing the intensity of the exercise I am (not) doing.
I just can not love it - I am not posh, cool and fit to love the class and always do the extra exercise and the extra push and that extra challenge, move your hand to the back of your shoulder if you feel you can do an extra bit! Just not me. So I go in the hope that I will feel better, more fit, more capable of surviving these exercises. The only way I guess I will feel better is when I don't have to give up in the middle of an exercise. But I imagine that is probably the point when I stop going (if I even get there ever).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)