Skip to main content

My birthday wish

Dear Friends I am now in sunny Lisbon, after a race through London flat hunting and a month living my "other" love in Mozambique. I am happy to be finally back in Europe and looking forward to a new life in London in 2 weeks. Today is my 28th birthday and as tradition dictates i get to make a birthday wish. I was moved by my friends generosity last year as I raised over 3000 Euros for the Orphanage Technical School. After spending a month seeing close what money can do in Mozambique my birthday wish is clear. A 65 year old teacher fed 70 children for 3 months with 1000 Euros. I want to pay her whole year. I want to build her a school. I want to give those kids a chance
Today I ask all my friends to make my birthday wish come true. You must admit, it could be harder :-) It is not a Gucci Bag, a Prada pair of shoes or an expensive dinner. I ask for your donation, whatever you can give, a little gesture, that we will make a great help!


Donate Here https://www.paypal.com/pt/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_flow&SESSION=RSz8HJfTGykxi3PbtdL7Gi19xRm94YrRyci0NXamxDBY-xjD30EdiWOwdVm&dispatch=50a222a57771920b6a3d7b606239e4d529b525e0b7e69bf0224adecfb0124e9bdd7275a399ffdb502f5df4e499ae8456865b8168d55fefcd or in www.umpequenogesto.org, Donativo means Donation, just follow the steps there!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)