Skip to main content

Flying Sunday

It's been a while, I know. But time is really a precious asset and I have not been leveraging on it well enough... But today I did and I am proud. I threw all the plans out of the window and took the irrefusable offer I was made "Do you want to go flying today?". How does no work as an answer there?
Here is one of the c. 30 airplanes you could see there. First reaction from our pilot: "Why are all these planes here, don't people realize it is an amazing day for flying?". Well, I had not untill he told me so!
But the best is still to come, as the only girl in the group I got to ride in the front, get first view in take-off, listen to the radio of the air control all the time (we get Boston airport frequency), check the map, speeds, everything...






I guess throughout the way we were some quiet passengers, in the wonders of realizing you are on air, the curiosity of identifying different places and the struggle to take the best pictures as we pass the Harvard Campus. But overall, Dan says he had a good time, and he is the pilot, so he has the last word on it!

How do I look, next to Dan as a pilot?


With the time asking me for sleep and a 3-case day tomorrow, I skip all the other themes I wanted to post and leave you with these pictures... on air!

Me and Fabrizio, holding to our headsets, reading to go flying!


I guess the guys were having fun in the back too!

For those of you who do not know Boston (like I did not), here is the view of the city, coming from west

And here is Harvard Businesss School. You can see the stadium and several football fields on the left (below the river line) and a couple of buildings on the right. The red agglomerate is Soldiers Field Park (where I live) and the white tower is One Western Ave (just next door)!


It's true, that when we arrived we had no clue of what to expect!


And at point we even got confused on how things worked over there! But it all worked well...
And we even got to direct other planes on the way!

It was a very fun hour, and by the end of it we were extremely proud!!



Comments

Anonymous said…
fiquei cheia de inveja, deve ter sido uma sensação maravilhosa. kisses
Anonymous said…
Coragosa! Continua a divertir-te assim em grande!
Beijinhos
Filipa

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)