Skip to main content

One last... something?

I don't want to say one last brunch because I am hoping not to starve in the days to come and I don't want to say the last one with Maryam and Niki because even though they are not yet all set in going to London I still like to believe they will. Well, Maryam seems closer even without a job but Niki is in danger of going back to Switzerland... of all places! I will definitely miss her around if that is the case. True that she was in the same building before and we never spoke, but now that we know of each other, I could not imagine London without her chaotic energy! We had a good time, some great filet mignon benedict, some gossip and a lot of life changing conversations even though some people would just call it girl's chat.
I am proud to have written 1800 words out of 3000 in just one day for my BBOP paper. It seems that I will be able to write about Mcel (to be read EMEECELEE) after all and it will be a pleasure to bring a Mozambican company to Harvard. Let's just hope someone can interview those street vendors for me!
Tomorrow is Masque & Feathers Party day and I found out there is no class on Monday! Now it is explained why they are having a party on a Sunday!
Oh, and tomorrow Joao and Rosinha get married, our Maputo friends now in Lisbon. Me and B. were there for the proposal but not the wedding unfortunately! Things of living around the world. All the best!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)