Skip to main content

Ready for the Weekend

My bag is packed and I am ready to go. Before that, I still want to get a draft Board Presentation off the way. Yes, I am back to that! Well, in fact I never left my beloved slides but these ones are aimed at Board and not just management as until now. What this means is that I am almost done with my internship, one more week to go. It makes me happy now (that I am working for 9 weeks and Bernardo drops me at work every morning) but I am sure I will be sad in a week as I realize my time here is ending. The balance will definitely be positive, despite the ups and downs. I have no doubt about that.

Thanks for all the support on the items on the to do list, with help I can definitely get it done. The projects for 2009 are starting to get in shape so that means the Business Plan will follow, we managed to send the pictures out and are all set for the fundraising event on Monday, I decided to postpone the first edition of the newsletter to August 31st (help still welcome on this one) and I even wrote the preliminary project for the Orphanage. Fine, I still have no clue about the container, but I am trusting some miracle will happen while I am gone!
In a couple of hours I am off to the border, I am not allowed to stay in Mozambique for another 24 hours as my Visa expires and I take the opportunity to go to Kruger. I insisted with Bernardo that I rather go on a safari than take my car… I heard too many stories of cars attacked, and I definitely want to try the new lenses in my camera and be fully focused on that (not on running away from animals)!!! Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)