Skip to main content

Automation

In his last HBR article "Digital Ubiquity",  Professor Karim says we should just think about everything we do in our respective companies and how it can be fundamentally changed. 
As a banker, that idea makes sense. Even though a lot of the tools I had in my analyst life were already pretty 'cutting edge' vs. some other banks, with everything easy formatted and standardized, truth is I still spent a lot of time doing repetitive little value added tasks.  Don't get me wrong, I love doing slides, but what I love is the idea of conceptualizing them, develop the message, do the data drill that will highlight the key bits in my analysis.  There should be a way my brain (or my drawings) get replicated on a pc easier (without using creative services)
And that is why LegalFlow (www.legalflow.pro) makes sense. It is addressing this same issue, but in another industry. Ines, my partner and driver of the business, has the experience of working both in consulting and with lawyers and see how there is so much potential to do things in a better manner. Before, this was the key concept - simplify. But now, Legal Flow is on the next level as it gathers simplify with automate. And that is what revolution is about. If you can get lawyers to focus on the important things, and leave the repetitive / crunching tasks to the 'machine', getting the benefit of clients getting a better picture of it all, you found your spot. It is a pretty empty spot at the moment, so we are going to try and grab it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Time is what makes us different

I heard what is likely to become one of my top 3 favourite quotes on a podcast on Friday. "Time is the only real democratic asset. We are all awarded the same time, it is what we do with it that distinguishes us".  Now, I recognise that most of us need to work with survive and that is not democratic throughout. But on an equal opportunity basis, this is an interesting way of putting it. For many years I did not understand why MS thought my resume was so interesting. In fact, they chased me during the entire recruitment process, even though I had no idea of moving to London or Finance. I wanted to be a consultant and stay in Lisbon forever. But traditional consultants in Portugal saw nothing in me, and MS did not let me go. When I started screening resumes and hiring people a couple of years later is when I understood why I was different. TIME.  I was truly different about what I did with my time. Not necessarily the basics - choice of degree or anything. But really ...

Short one: D-Day

It is D-Day today :-) I took out the braids, and the clock is ticking. Bernardo will be in Maputo in two hours. We have plans for the weekend and so much to catch up on. I doubt I will be blogging soon, hehe

Blogging

I have not written in a while. As I hit the bottom I was afraid of what might come out and what might be registered in the web for eternity. But it does not matter. As I go through this stage I know that writing is probably one of the best things I can do, and keeping things inside one of the worst. And short of re-starting my book (or books) any time soon, as they feature about 27 in my list of things I wish I could do, this is just as good.  People used to write diaries, now they blog. I reas on facebook that people used to be upset if someone read their diary, now they get angry if no one reads their blog. It is a funny phenomena. I must say that most of times I think no-one is reading, so why bother, and even those reading won't miss it amongst all other things they surely read. But then a comment comes through, an email reminds me of something I wrote and I know that someone out there comes and visits my home away from home. For good or bad :)