Skip to main content

A new start before I start

So here i an writing this blog about how today is a new start, letting it burst out of my head all the good stuff that in all honesty only comes out once, and i hit the wrong key and it is all gone. I am sure the person in front of me in the tube thinks I am some kind of robot by the way I am typing frantically on my iphone. What he does not know is that this second time round I can not avoid the typos I did not do in the first 1000 words I put out because now it is just not the same and I know i wont be saying all i was feeling and trying to say because I won't be feeling it, I will just be thinking about what I was feeling and writing before because I thought those words to be the best and those feelings to be the most genuine.
It is almost like when I was a kid and I had these rashes of inspiration during an insomnia or even in my sleep and I would compose a poem in one go. Most nights I would tell myself I would put on paper by the morning but I would either forget it never really get it to the right place. I learned my lesson and started sleeping with pen and paper on my night table. And ai thought I had also learnt my lesson with technology because I was trying to save the post before i posted it and that is precisely how I lost it...

Any other day I might have given up, and this would be the end of this post. But today I want it to be different. That was in the end, the entire point about the post, how i was making a new start. Today I want to make a new start like people do in the first of january after new year resolutions, the first of september after the summer holidays reflecting by the sea, the monday where they will finally start doing what they always promised they would do. And it does not have to be the first, it does not have to be a monday, it does not to have any other emphasis than just to be any other day.
All my life I have been ready for this moment. I always thought i was born ready for this and I promised myself I would always do the right choices. Now it's time I make good on those promises and rise up to really be ready.
Starting by going to the gym does sound materialistic and small in light of all this philosophical debut. But it has a deeper meaning that I must attach to it before i give up without even starting. Going to the gym means putting me first. And it means me as in me, not me as in the NGO founder me, the entrepreneur me, the wife me, the social me, the family me. Just plain good old me and my health. And no, i don't even like going to the gym which would probably even counteract the argument and say i am not doing this really for me, I am doing what I am supposed to. But not really. I do feel much better after I go - both physically and mentally. And I can't even tell which one weights more.
I am reaching south ken now with the end of my ride and this blog unfinished as i wanted it to be. But I will take it for fate and assume the rest is just not important.
I want today to be the first of many where i really chose what ai always new i had to chose, where i make work actually work for me, where i make me work for me. I owe that to my little one.
And I hope this is not just an empty blog of mental diarrhoea that next time i will sigh and moan about because I did not act in it.

So I did one thing for myself today. I blogged. Twice. More to come.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is official, I now like Malbec

Yesterday the internet in Argentina did not cooperate so no update. The day in Mendoza was great, with the nice and small family Vineyard of Altos de Hormigas being one of my favourites. They were very nice and the Malbec reserva the one that finally convinced me to like Malbec! We still had one more vineyard to go, Familia Zucatti, where we had a great lunch but the tours was already too much, we prefered to walk around on our own. But again, very different and very worth it! Today, we added Tevia to the group (after she came in my room at 5am) and repeated the Cemeterio since Tev and Shilps had not seen it, and then Malba. Surprise, surprise. Buenos Aires is not a small city but we still managed to run into Nitin and Ted in the Museum! We had a nice lunch with them and went for some more sightseeing in the afternoon. We went to Plaza de Mayo where the Casa Rosa is, walked down Calle Florida, the shopping street and up to Plaza San Martn for an excellent night view of the city. No

What would you do?

It is the new buzz word - or should I say sentence. What would you do if you were not afraid. I like to think I am not - I guess man or woman, we all do. But my answer to that question would not come blank for me - at all. And it is not being afraid because I am a woman, it is really because life can pose a threat big enough to some less expected things. The one that comes to mind today is ' I would write my book '. Note that I did not say I would write 'a' book but 'my' book. In fact I should probably even say 'one of them'. I think i have started 3 real ones by now, and 2 have a decent shot as well. But the reality I face is - what if no one wants to read it? Who will want to read what I have to say?  When I was a kid, I would write a ton of poetry. I wrote the first poem on record about the moon and the stars and as I received some first prize on my fourth grade, my parents found out about it. For many years, no matter what I bought as a gift for my d

Cover Letters

When it takes you six hours to write a cover letter, what the hell happened? I can find a handful of explanations and let you decide i) I have a hard case to sell; ii) I am too full of myself and spending too much time praising my beloved skills and experience; iii) I don’t know the company well and need to spend hours educating myself first; iv) I am watching NCIS and House in parallel, v) I am a perfectionist. For the ones that know me best, I can bet you started with number v). Bernardo is clearly betting on number iv) though wondering why not my favourite Law & Order SVU. It is nice of you to think that but, even though it is true that those are pieces of me to blame, number i), ii) and iii) also apply. First, I do have a hard case to sell. As impressive at it may seem to have worked in Morgan Stanley, how do I guarantee that it is not because the market is down that I am not going back there. As impressive as it may seem to have worked on the ground in Mozambique, what does i